alarms panelview1000

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

Short question, hopefully it has a simple answer:

I got a bunch of alarms in my panel. Alarms pop up fine, but they show 1-by-1. And only seem to be there until acknowledged..

What I need is that all new alarms are added into a list, where they are color coded active-not ack, active-ack, not active-not ack, not active-ack. Is this, or something similar easily done?

Thanks!

you have the message display and the alarm banner.

in the message display, you have plc logic that searches for alarms, faults, or other type of message. When the logic finds the search bit to be true, it displays the message screen for a specific time before going to the next bit.

these messages are typically cleared by an alarm acknowledge pb on the display.

i don't use the alarm banner but here goes.
in the alarm banner, the alarm message pops up on the display and remains until you either scroll to the alarm and acknowkedge it or hit a clear all button.

in regards to your request, a large machine can have hundreds of alarms and faults. why would you want to make maintenance wait there and look at the whole list that could take several minutes before finding out what is wrong. i would only activate the alarms / faults that are active. less time spent on watching in-active messages.

regards,
james

Hi James,

I will give it a shot.

The reason why we want it the way I described is because of certification, DnV is making demands. We luckily don't have hundreds, but about 20.

Thanks again, I will test some more.

Hello again,

So I successfully added the Alarm List and now see all alarms. I added up and down buttons to select the individual lines.

When I select a unacknowledged alarm, and hit acknowledge, it close the window and I have to reopen it. Can I stop that?

No, I am not sure with the PV+. If you were using the banner, I think it is normal for it to go away or to the next alarm if you include an ack button. Are you saying that on your alarm page, the alarm list object closes when you ack a selected alarm?

Is the list in a pop-up window? Is it being replaced or covered by another open display page perhaps?

Last edited:
Yes sir. I then have to reopen the alarm list and select the next line, acknowledge, reopen .... lol..

It has been about a year since I worked with FctMeView, and I am out of ideas, so I am gonna watch and wait for some other more practiced and current victim to further advise.