Vijeo Designer Acknowledge Alarms

Hello,
I have been tasked with adding some analog signals for display and alarm setup in some old Schneider Electric HMIGTO HMI-panels.
I have everything working except for acknowledging the alarms.

As far as I can see the alarms are handles by the default alarm summary function Vijeo Designer - I am using Vijeo Designer 6.2.

Alarms are triggered by the PLC and added in the alarm groups and acknowledged with the ACK button in the Alarm summary.

My problem is that I can't figure out how the specific bit are set or toggled in the PLC, when the ACK button is used. Only the single ACK is used and not the ACK ALL.

I can see all the acknowledge bits in the variable list with the correct adresses in the PLC and I have added some new ones, but I just don't know how to trigger them from the HMI.
All of the BOOL variables starting with adress %M101 and onwards are acknowledge bits used in the PLC to reset the alarm trigger bits.

I have been assured that the standard ACK button from the alarm summary is the only function being used by operators to clear alarms and they do disappear from the active alarm list, so the internal acknowledge function is working in the HMI, I just don't know how to trigger the bit in the PLC with the ACK button.

I am aware that I can create automatic actions and scripts and what-not to solve the problem, but I am looking to copy the setup already in place. There are no actions or alarm touch actions present in the Vijeo Project.

I have added some pictures, I can definately add some more, if anyone has any ideas of where to look.

Attachments

• Vijeo_AlarmSummary.JPG
    Vijeo_AlarmSummary.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Vijeo_Variables.JPG
    Vijeo_Variables.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Vijeo_Actions.JPG
    Vijeo_Actions.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Usually there isn't a need for acknowledge bits. As long as the PLC keeps the alarm variable TRUE for enough time (hint TOF) to allow the HMI to scan, the HMI will record the alarm. You don't need the PLC to latch in all alarms unless you're worried the HMI is going to miss them. Then you can have your alarm group show all alarms as long as they're either unacknowledged or still active in the PLC. You do that with the setting "mandatory ACK".
If you really want to do it yourself, look at 16.3.4.2 in the manual and have the HMI set the acknowledge bit when the alarm is selected. You may want to add that action into the acknowledge button itself.

You should see it on Designer simulator.
Latch some %M alarms which you have on simulator.
If you now ack alarm list, is bits %M101-> setted?
If %M1xx bits isn't setted at all then there isn't any scripts on HMI panel which would tell to PLC to Ack alarms.

Yes, you could analyze the existing project by running it in simulation to see what happens. You could also do a Variable Report to see where those acknowledge bits are being used.

Hello and thank you both for the replies,
I need the acknowledge bits in the PLC to reset a status word for each analog transmitter values.

Creating a variable report with cross reference did the trick for me, turns out there were trigger actions after all for each of the alarm trigger bits, I never looked for actions in the variable list.

Thanks a lot :)