Vijeo Designer several CPU communication problem

KorhanGencer

Hey all,

I am using Vijeo Designer v6.2.8.12 for a mineral plant project. For that, I needed to incorporate three different plants' HMI page in order to make them found in one project/target for one HMI panel.

Thus, I have created a new driver using "MODBUS TCP IP" under "IO Manager" section found in the left part of Vijeo Designer and added three different CPU addresses under that as three different IO equipments.

Ex: MODBUSTCPIP02
AD [XXX.XXX.X.XXX]
D2 [XXX.XXX.X.XXX]
PA [XXX.XXX.X.XXX]

Moreover, I have imported the variables/tags required from Unity Pro as a .xvm file.

Ex: PLC_AD
PLC_AD.A01.QErrVFD

Everything seemed very neat until I have finished required works here and built the project and went online. For PLC_PA, I am getting the data correctly and without any major problems. But the data comes with an approximately 10-15 seconds delay and this delay warns me with yellow exclamation mark.

When it comes to PLC_AD and PLC_D2; I am getting these errors:

"PLC returned error code. FDH - C1C0H (AD)"
"PLC returned error code. FDH - C1C0H (D2)"

When I google this error code, this link comes:

https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA234...or usually,application just before a download.

I have updated the .xvm file and done the resolution steps but no such luck. Suggestions or any different sources for solution for these problems?

Thank you in advance,

Korhan

Last edited:
Take a step back.
Create a simple project with a single tag to each target.
I usually do an incrementing value like RTC.Sec or similar
Verify/validate the update rate is as expected, then add the tags in .
If the rate isn’t as expected, investigate why.

Does the PLC CPU have enough Ethernet resources.?
Maybe there is an efficiency issue with the tag structures.

What are the PLC types?

Thank you, lostcontrol. I will try that.

I know that there are enough Ethernet resources for CPUs because all CPUs are identical for each plant. If there was an efficiency problem, wouldn't the other ones have some similar problems individually?

PLC types are MODICON M340 and their comm. protocol is MODBUS TCP/IP. Could it be a problem about the communication protocol? I know that MODBUS is not a robust and trustworthy comm. protocol.