Multiple RS232 Switch

panic mode

Hi everyone,

I was looking just about everywhere for a simple mechanincal
switch that would allow two computers (each with 6 COM ports)
to share 6 RS232 devices. Only one PC would be connected
to devices. Ideally this would be part of KVM switch, but this
is not going to happen since RS232 is daying bread.
What I'm really trying to avoid is use of six COM switches,
I would like to make it just one.
My PC supplier doesn't quite understand what i'm after. He was offering "one input to six outputs" switch. I need "one input to TWO outputs" but six times and with one knob only.
Anyone saw such device?

panic mode

Sharing serial ports

A long time ago I did something similar by building my own with relays. If all comms are 3 wire (2,3,5) AND 5 is common it would take 6 SPDT relays controlled by one SPST switch. You need good quality very low resistant contacts in the relay. The ones we did are still in use after about 5 or 6 years, we are sharing modems.