Decimal point in RS View 32 Trend!

Right click on trend X. Select properties. Select the Y axis tab. Enter the number of decimal points you want to display.

I want to show decimal point in trend in RSView32 how can I do that?

Kindly help.o_O

I don't believe you can set decimal places with RSView32's Native Trending. You will have to use the TrendX Extension if you want to specify decimal places.

Stu.....

I am using the real no. format to get floating point value in RSLogix 5000. But when I am adding that to RSView 32 tag I am not able to get the same value in any of the formats provided in RSView32. Nor in Trend. Can some one help me on this.
Regards..........

I am using the real no. format to get floating point value in RSLogix 5000. But when I am adding that to RSView 32 tag I am not able to get the same value in any of the formats provided in RSView32. Nor in Trend. Can some one help me on this.
Regards..........

As noted above, the Trend is a seperate issue. For the RSView Tags, when you create them, select Floating Point as the Data Type. When you create a Numeric Display for them, also select Floating Point for the Format, then select enough Digits for Field Length, and the number of Decimal Places you want to display.

Stu.....

Have you defined the tag data type as floating point in the tag database?

You might want to create an analog memory tag called Test_Tag and make it a floating point tag. Create a blank display and put a numeric entry box on it so that you can change the value of the tag. Then try various display objects attached to that tag and test the display and play with the different formats until you can see how each works. You can also use the built in tag system/second as a value that is constantly changing. You can create floating point values from system/second with either an expression or a derived tag* by dividing system second by 10.0, that way you play around with RSView and see how the various formats will display your information.

(*Note: If you do use a derived tag then make sure that derived tags is running when you test the display)

Last edited: