How can I separate the digits before and after the decimal point in RSlogix

Jasondelane

Lifetime Supporting Member
Example

MMI input is 18.9787 to tag MMI_real[1]

I want to move the 18 to a decimal number in tag Calibration_MS

I want to move the 9787 to decimal number in tag Calibration_LS

This is for converting the gradient from a Temposonic rod to a usable QB transducer calibration number.

After the subtraction you would have to multiply by 10,000 in your example to move the 4 digits into an integer form.

You wouldn't have the 'digits', you would have the number of ten thousandths. If the fractional part had been .0057 you would get '57'. If the fractional part had been .5700 you would get '5700'

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I want to connect my 1769-L36ERM to a different network domain, is it possible to do it using only the dual ports in the Controller? Or...
Replies
Views
I have an existing 1756-IF16 wired as single ended with all RTNs tied together. Channels 0-3 have 2-wire loop powered devices connected with all...
Replies
Views
I have a unique situation where we have two separate process networks ( plc, HMI, etc only). The two process networks are are owned by two...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Quick Question. I have 2 PLCs and 2 solenoids. I would like to wire these up so that If either one turns on, it will turn on both...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to work through a question I have about using a PLC, plus separate temperature and pressure controllers on a plastic extruder rebuild...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom