Electonic PID to PLC PID

CLVEN

Good day to all. I am a newcomer in this forum. Just wanna ask someone who knows about PID Dancer Controller. This is for pay-off or uncoiler application. Our company encounter problem on our electronic PID. Since im using Omron CPM2A, I saw PID instruction. Did this instruction can replace our electronic PID? The analog input n our electronic PID is -10 to +10V while the analog output is 0 to 10V direct to inverter.

Don't know about your application, but most dancers I've designed used simple high and low level prox switches. Similar to a staggered liquid level control.

We are on wire manufacturing industry. Example, I have 1 full bobbin of wire. I will recoil it on another spooler. When wire uncoiled into the bobbin, the rpm of uncoiler must increase speed. This is controled by a dancer that gives output that goes to PID.

I´ve never used an Omrom PLC, but as long as the analog input and outputs are suitable, my guess is thet you can replace your electronic PID (Box) with a Plc PID.

You should check the manual of your controller to make sure it handles -10 to +10 input and 0-10V output.

After that I'd say you can set up a PID in the controller just fine.

For a starting point on gains you could copy the gains used in your electronic PID. Provided they're supplied in standard form.

If you have trouble with the particular instruction you should either ask here or omron.

I deal with alot of dancers within our plastic film plant, for us PID control is reserved for load cell tension control, whilst the dancer approach is typically taken care of with a couple of pots trimming the speed reference into a sensorless vector drive.
This method is a common.
But I do not know your application so take on what you will.
Cheers.