I need a help from S7 interersts plz !!!

libyanman86

hiya ,,,
i really appreciate all guys efforts on this website ... i always use this website to sort my PLC problems out...
However, now i don't have problem, but i work on the remote site, they are going to install S7 system to control Gas compressors engine...
First i don't know that would be useful to control, Since we never used this kind of plc ...
Secondly.. 'Which is the most important' i need a book as a guide line, because i have no idea about this system

thank you to all

hiya ,,,
i really appreciate all guys efforts on this website ... i always use this website to sort my PLC problems out...
However, now i don't have problem, but i work on the remote site, they are going to install S7 system to control Gas compressors engine...
First i don't know that would be useful to control, Since we never used this kind of plc ...
Secondly.. 'Which is the most important' i need a book as a guide line, because i have no idea about this system

thank you to all

Hello libyanman;

If you are only looking to understand how the Siemens S7 PLCs are built and how they can be used to control a process, you could heve a look at this presentation on the different families of S7 CPUs:
https://eb.automation.siemens.com/goos/catalog/Pages/ProductData.aspx?catalogRegion=WW&language=en&nodeid=5000008&tree=CatalogTree&regionUrl=%2f#activetab=product&

For a plant controller, I would presume they are using S7-400 and S7-300 controllers, using Step 7 as a programming software. Look at the following manuals to understand further what you could be working with:

Hardware:
SIMATIC S7-300 CPU 31xC and CPU 31x: Installation
Automation System S7-400 Hardware and Installation
SIMATIC Configuring Hardware and Communication Connections STEP 7

Programming basics for S7-300 and S7-400 PLCs
SIMATIC Programming with STEP 7
SIMATIC Working with STEP 7

If you have occasion to study with a copy of Step 7, these tutorials would help your understanding of the Siemens controllers:

Tutorials for Step 7 (see the different links on the right of the webpage):
https://www.automation.siemens.com/...download_training_material/Pages/Default.aspx

If you decide to study this more profoundly, but are limited in your funds, Siemens offers this:

Step 7 Lite, free download:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/39596695
Step 7 Lite does not have the full functionnality of Step 7, but it will allow you to create a hardware configuration for a S7-300 CPU and modules (albeit without communictation processors) and practice creating programs in LAD, FDB and STL, the 3 fundamental programming languages used with these CPUs.

Enough for now, or you will drown on the amount of information. Look at the different links and come back to us with more detailed questions when you feel the need.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thank you Mr. Daniel Chartier for helping me.. i waited for a while to have the answer, but it was such a useful answer from you..However, i have just downloaded them.. and i am pretty sure they would help me so much
A great thank to you again Mr. Daniel....
Libyanman86