Please Help: Factorytalk

GTUnit

I had a working copy of Factorytalk. Drive crashed.
Installed new drive and reloaded all software packages.
I started out with getting "unable to write to factorytalk directory errors" when attempting to create a Runtime in Factorytalk Studio ME.

I uninstalled Factorytalk 5 CPR9 / RSLinx Enterprise and reinstalled per Rockwell instructions.

Now I get these error messages:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3130/ftimg1.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2669/errormsg2.jpg

Please help. I am losing my mind. :mad:

Running windows XP SP3 - I will try to revert to SP2 today.

I have RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, RSLinx Classic on here as well and they work fine.

I was having the same problems and no one from Rockwell Automation could help me but I do have a solution I figured out on my own. I uninstalled all my rockwell software and did the install again, it's important to uninstall RSlogix 500, 5000, and most importantly RSlinx Classic before running the factorytalk view installation. It seems that I was running an older version of RSlinx that was conflicting with my Factorytalk View. I then downloaded the optional RSLinx classic that comes with the factorytalk view software. This worked for me and I was then able to go into my RSView Enterprise to create shortcuts. After you get that up and running then you can re-install your RSlogix 500, and 5000 software.

The problem is with the Factory Talk Directory. I would try re-installing the Factory Talk Directory Services Platform. If you decide to reinstall, you shouldn't need to mess with Logix or Linx, just FTView, and FT Services Platform.

I am away from work right now, so I can't look at the software, but there are utilities installed with FT Services that allow troubleshooting and configuration of your FT Directory. That's where I would start.

This is off of memory: I remember once having to go to Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> Factory Talk Tools -> Factory Talk Directory Configuration. Then set it to Local (or network if you want your FT Directory in a central location).