FIX32 7.0 Hardware lock (Sentinel "Dongle")

DoomQuaker

Hi.

I am in the process of changing an old computer that has Fix32 7.0 installed on it.

I have done this before, about a year ago. Luckily, that computer had a parallel port for the Sentinel hardware lock, this new computer does unfortunately not have one. I have bought a USB to parallel converter, but that seems to be only good for writing to a basic printer.

I have read about emulating the hardware key via software. Has anyone done this succesfully? I've found some software that claim to do such, but I can't get it to work.

I've figured out that the key I'm using is called Sentinel C plus, if that is of any help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can you not fit an expansion card with a parallel port, that would be your best bet

Or get onto sentinal and pay to have the dongle exchanged for a usb one

Thank you for the answer.

There are no expansion slots available, besides I've read that PCI-cards also have issues with parallel ports and the only sure bet is a native one fitted to the motherboard.

Are the dongles interchangeable from one version to the other? So the software doesn't know if the dongle is connected via usb or parallel? Do you know if one has to send away the hardware key before getting a new one?

Thank you.

Thank you for the answer.

There are no expansion slots available, besides I've read that PCI-cards also have issues with parallel ports and the only sure bet is a native one fitted to the motherboard.

Are the dongles interchangeable from one version to the other? So the software doesn't know if the dongle is connected via usb or parallel? Do you know if one has to send away the hardware key before getting a new one?

Thank you.

You'll need to speak to sentinel as they will need your old dongle before they can sort you out a new usb one, the dongle is coded so the new one will need to be the same

You should also (or i do with my stuff) have a license file that sits on the pc also

Im sure sentinel have changed there name now though (or been taken over) ?

Edit: Try here http://www.safenet-inc.com/Products...nel_Protection_and_Licensing/Legacy_Keys.aspx