Fix32 7.0 and OPC client driver

Raffe

Hello all,

I'm using Fix32 7.0 and I would like to communicate with an OPC server. As I understand I need to install an OPC client driver? Where can I find one?

please help!

Raffe

Hello,

Thanks for the replay. I will use MatrikonOPC Simulation Server. I think I need becuase I do not have the option to install a OPC client in Fix32 7.0.

Are there any free 3:rd party drivers that would work?

Regards
Raffe

You got multiple threads going on this topic.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=110113

You need to look for OPC Powertool to configure Fix as a OPC client.

Any program that request data from an OPC server is a OPC Client. In your case, FIX32 is your OPC client. You haven't explained any detail on the scope and propose of what you are doing. If you just need to simulate something, there's no need to use an OPC server with simulation function. You can just use the SIM server in FIX.

Thanks all for trying to help me! This is what I would like to do:

I would like to use MatrikonOPC simulationer Server. Fix and WinCC will connect to the same server.

For fix I got this situation:

When I run the OPC Power tool it says:

"Connection to the selected server has failed. Do you want to select Another server".

When I look at system configuration I do not have any OPC drivers to configure. I got SIM, DDE, P31, SL4 and SIX but no OPC.

What should I do?

From your other thread:

"When I run the OPC Power tool it says:

"Connection to the selected server has failed. Do you want to select Another server".

When I look at system configuration I do not have any OPC drivers to configure. I got SIM, DDE, P31, SL4 and SIX but no OPC.

What should I do?"

The OPC server will not show up until it's properly configured through OPC Powertool. If it's not connecting to the Powertool then you have other issues going on. I would read the Powertool electronic book in detail. Typically, you would,

1. Browse OPC server(s) with powertool.
2. Connect to OPC server of your choice.
3. Enable the OPC server.

Look at the second 1/2 of this document:

http://www.molex.com/webdocs/mysst/pub/drivers/technote/dhplusfix32.pdf

FIX is one of the most confusing HMI to work with. IMO.

The document you linked is to iFix, not FIX32, which one are you using and also it's talking about the selecting the OPC client as one of the source, don't confuse that with OPC server install. Keep the concept clear.

OPC Server(s) ==> OPC Client(s)

in Fix or iFix

OPC Server(s) ==> Powertool (acting as OPC configurator for IFX) ==> FIX

So, why you are messing with a ancient piece of software anyway?

I'm using Fix32 7.0. This is new to me to. That is way I'm alittle bit confused. It is an update Project.

So I do not need to add an OPC client to the drivers?

No, Powertool is your OPC Client (configuration tool).

Do you have the OPC driver installed properly? Matrikon have free OPC Exploreor and a test client you can download to see if it's working correctly before you move on to troubleshoot the FIX side.