Large Display for SLC500

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. Does anyone know of a digital display (not an HMI)that will take counter information from the ladder and display it, to a remote site away from the actual controller? Thank you

I take it you want the remote digital display to be the active component and ASK for the information instead of just a marquee to which the CPU SENDS information.

Thank you Bernie for the response. I just want the value of the timer to be displayed remotely, away from the control cabinet. I already have an HMI (Quick Panel), I just want a simple digital read-out that will show the timer/counter as it counts-up, so that the operator knows to check and make sure the parts have been removed from the acid tank. This operator also performs another duty that is about 500 feet away. What's happening is that sometimes parts are being destroyed because the parts are left in the acid tank to long. This way the operator can see how much time is left and can plan accordingly.

How big? Like Bernie said active or what. I have a few marquees that I have made active.

I believe a marquee may be what I'm looking for. I apologize, I'm not exactly sure what I need. With the marquee it will just take the value of the timer/counter and display it?

Why not use something like a Stack-Light ?

Green - OK
Amber - 5 minutes left
Flashing Amber - 1 minute left
Red - Take Out Now
Flashing Red - Over-done

Less I/O needed, and you won't have to worry about eyesight or dyslexia...

Why not use something like a Stack-Light ?

Green - OK
Amber - 5 minutes left
Flashing Amber - 1 minute left
Red - Take Out Now
Flashing Red - Over-done

Less I/O needed, and you won't have to worry about eyesight or dyslexia...

It already has a stack light to tell us the current status (running, complete, and awe ****). I need something to tell an operator at a remote location the exact status of each tank. Melting jet engine and apu parts in acid tanks gets costly.o_O

Take a look at the AB InView Message Display. There are several sizes but they are pricey. Hmmm, imagine that!