Display Data suggestions on large monitor

Pablox

Ok
What am I looking for ?

A plant I visit has an ancient chart recorder, connected to a pc running some old Dos software, which simply displays the data from say 16 inputs on 16 rectangles on a large pc monitor.
There is no automation ,logging the data is not used but the operators need to see the constantly updating data in front of them.
All works fine for years, but it's now obsolete and some day it won't work.

As an upgrade, I would like to get a "unit" which would take a mixture of k type thermocouples and 4 -20 ma inputs (say approx. 30 inputs in total), with data logging option preferable.

Most importantly, I need a means of configuring/displaying the "points" on a large screen, which simply updates every 10 seconds.

Any suggestions for hardware which will suffice.

Do you want to run the thermocouples and analog values into a PLC to collect the data then display the PLC data on a large screen? Or are you looking to feed the signals into something that can directly display the values such as a chart recorder does?

Do you want to run the thermocouples and analog values into a PLC to collect the data then display the PLC data on a large screen? Or are you looking to feed the signals into something that can directly display the values such as a chart recorder does?

Hi m8,

A device that directly displays the values like a chart recorder, would be fine.
Problem is I haven't seen a unit, which I can configure to display clearly legible values on a decent sized screen/monitor, so something like a chartless chart recorder. :) with a piece of display software, so I can arrange whichever points I require on the screen.

+1 on the Red Lion PTV. I have three of these on our plc network displaying values on three 60 inch T.V.'s. Easy to program and get setup.