Replace Communications in Panel View. What is that

bornwild

Hello folks.

I am just new to panelwview . I have to replace a bad panel view 1000 with a new one. I have the .mer file on my latop. While using the transfer utility there is a replace communication option. What does it mean? Replace communication? What communication. Also there is replace communication in panel view too?:confused:

Replace communicattions, is to replace the Default PV Comm Settings, with the settings incluided in the .mer file

So when you load the applications if you use Transfer utility, like i show in the image and you select run application at start up and replace communications, that message wouldnt appear anymore.

i hope this help to you

attachment.php

tranferutility.JPG

Just to elaborate a little more, the communications path that (which is the path that PanelView needs to take to get to the processor) is stored in two places. The PanelView and the runtime. The PanelView is always using the path that is stored in the terminal.

When you say yes to replace the communications, it means that you agree to apply the communications path that is stored in the runtime to the PanelView.

Thanks Gtr32 and dmroeder ,So if i dont check replace communications and download to mer file to panelview .Will PV not communicate with plc?

Thanks Gtr32 and dmroeder ,So if i dont check replace communications and download to mer file to panelview .Will PV not communicate with plc?

It depends.

In most cases, you will want to answer YES. if the comms settings in the PV+ don't match what you need, and you answer no, then it will not communicate.

You might answer NO if you used a common application in multiple locations and have already configured the communications before transferring the file.