Vm Ware and Keyspan Serial Connection.

Dennis Styx

Hello

I have been a watcher here for a few months but i have never posted. I took a new job with a oem as i have been unemployed for about a year now. I am currently on a breakdown that has some of my company's old equipment that has a plc 5/60 procesor that faultd and lost it's program.

The company issued me a windows xp vm ware virtual machine with all the software we need. They also gave me keyspan usb to serial port adapter and it is connected to the plc 5/60 with a 1784-cp3 cable. The keyspan adapter shows up and has assigned it self to com 3 all diagnostics check good but rslinx can not see the processor and will not auto configure.

The keyspan is connected to the vm ware vm and not my laptop (virtual Connection)

I have even tried to set this up in a manual fashion much like you have to do when using the 1747-UIC.

I am hoping someone here may have a similar setup.

Thank you

Dennis Styx

welcome to the forum ...

a plc 5/60 procesor that faultd and lost it's program.

question: how do you know it has "lost its program" if you can't get online with it? ... IF (big IF) the program really has been "lost" then you won't be able to get (completely) online until you download a program into the processor ... usually a "no program here" PLC-5 will still should show up as "default" in RSLinx ...

this part doesn't sound right ... 1784-CP10 is more likely ... to be sure, please describe the cable (and adapter?) you're using - and tell us exactly which port you're trying to plug it into ...

also ... tell us about the LED pattern on the front of the processor ... what's ON - what's OFF - what's FLASHING - what COLOR - ?

Last edited: