simatic wincc communication

tajammal

i am using simatic wincc advanced v8.0 as a HMI (standard PC), connected to s7-300 plc. via MPI/ RS232 connector. is this possible that if i place the hmi at a distance of around 200m from plc. what sort of communication link i need. will this present setup works.
thanks for suggestion.

Dear Tajammal,
Yes it is possible with two ways, First is use profibus communication with cp5611 in your pc, But for this you have to change in your wincc application.
For second way use two nos of RS232 to current loop convertor. In this way you have not requir any changing in your wincc Application.

Regards,

Similar Topics

Hi Guys I Work in project using Wincc Comfort (wincc 7.0) and simatic manager I use siamatic simulator to test my work ,everything going ok but...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Project: I created new single project with WinCC v6.0 and added two binary external tags under MPI. (One for M0.0 and another for Q0.0...
Replies
Views
good afternoon anyone knows any document or url to explain how to communicate Rslogix5000 Emulator with Simatic Wincc. The communication between...
Replies
Views
I am utilizing both HMI and SCADA for my project. Both HMI and SCADA have identical tags. When I modify the tag value on HMI, it is reflected in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Could i connect simatic WinCC runtime with Micrologix 1400 PLC via Modbus?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom