Siemens SCL Syntax

Stevie_S

Hi,

When programming in SCL, does the compiler raise errors if there are problems such as a FOR without an END_FOR or you are trying to assign a string to an integer? For example, the VB compiler tells you about missing Next or End If statements, but only falls over at runtime on Type Mismatches.

I ask this question as we've only got Step7 Standard and need some info on a project involving SCL.

Thanks

Steve

YES, it is a very powerful programming language. Here is a short program function I wrote for a demo. If you remove the // KNOW_HOW_PROTECT it will complile and would be very difficult for someone to edit. It was designed for guys like you.

FUNCTION "Sum&Average_3_SCL" : VOID

// FUNCTION "Sum&Average_3_SCL" : VOID

// KNOW_HOW_PROTECT

VAR_INPUT
// Input Parameters
Electricians_Height : REAL ;
Supervisors_Height : REAL ;
Engineers_Height : REAL ;
END_VAR
VAR_OUTPUT
// Input Parameters
Sum_of_Height : REAL ;
Average_of_Height : REAL ;
END_VAR
VAR_TEMP
Temp_Real : REAL ;
END_VAR
BEGIN

Sum_of_Height := (Electricians_Height + Supervisors_Height + Engineers_Height);
Average_of_Height := Sum_of_Height / 3.0;

END_FUNCTION

I need help please

Hey guys,

I am bussy with programming an alarm that sends a sms with a gsm-modem and a Siemens plc s7-300. I need to program it in s7 scl. I don't know were to start. The communication between the modem and the plc is RS-232 with a CP-314 card.

I hope that you guys can help me.

Greetz Dipsie