s5 928B Send-a and rec-a

MartinW

Hi,

I have an S5 project that sends data serially to our production system. It uses a mixture of fb120, fb121, fb126 and fb127. The blocks calling these functions are completely uncommented :mad: :mad:

With fb120 and fb121, I can see where the data sources/destinations are, but I can't for the life of me see where the data for fb126/127 goes/comes from.

I have a manual on the comms functions but I didn't see that information in there.

It has been working fine for years. The system was turned off at the weekend for transformer maintenance and now it doesn't work properly. The functional aspects of the PLC work fine. It's just this data send/receive that isnt working properly.

what are the values in the parameters:

Anzw (nb! This addresses a double word (4 bytes))
and
pafe

kalle

c -db 73
ju -fb 127
name: Rec-a
ssnr: Ky 0,0
a-nr: Ky 0,0
anzw: -dw 100
pafe: -fy 198
ju -fb 126
name: Send-a
ssnr: Ky 0,0
a-nr: Ky 0,0
anzw: -dw 104
pafe: -fy 198

Ok, I was not consise enough.

The contents of the (ANZWs and) PAFE please, the PAFE is most important here.

You will probably have to read it from the calling blocks, online, in monitor mode.
Check all the FBs you mentioned.

Kalle

edit: To be able to check it; after each block call add L FY198.
edit2: Read out the ANZW value in monitor/modify from DB73, DD100 and DD104.
edit3: ... in KH-format please!

Last edited:
I'll be out until late.

If you got the value KH 7x in the PAFE, the FB SYNCHRON (FB125?) is probably not executed.

It might be called only in the restart-OB and not in the power-up OB.

Try to restart the CPU from STEP5 or via the front switch.

Kalle