Challenging problem!! Simatic S5 cpu 928b run not

Hi Kalle, Nick and other users(following the thread).

Have spend full day yesterday checking the addresses of the I/O cards. Couldnt find anything wrong. All the cards seem to have the right address and there were no duplicates.

For IB24.0 the enables are not connected and nor for any other I/O. Photo attached.

We are using IM 304/IM 314 for communication and they are visible in the new photos attached.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3234.JPG IMG_3235.JPG IMG_3236.JPG IMG_3237.JPG IMG_3238.JPG

Hmm, it must either be lack of enable voltage or the 304-314 is malfunctioning.

Are you able to modify OB1?

If yes, try to insert some lines at the very beginning:

A I x.x (an input in the CC)
NOP 0
NOP 0
A I y.y (an input from the first EU)
NOP 0
NOP 0
A I z.z (an input from the second EU)

BEU (stops execution here)

...original code, not active any more

Check where the CPU stops. If it (probably not) stops on I x.x, then it should be lacking of enable voltage.

Swap the I y.y and z.z and see where it stops now. Is it one of the EUs or both.

And what are the MLFB-numbers of your input cards (6ES5430..?)

Kalle

Hi Kalle,

Great stuff!
with your small magic program I was able to find out that the PLC is not reading Inputs from EUs. As you pointed out, its probably the IM 304/314.
I am working on it and will update more during the day.

Hi Kalle,

Have some good news... Problem sorted. It was IM 314.
Though the IM 304 was not showing any fault (LED), IM 314 was faulty and not communicating. Replaced IM 314 and program goes to run.
Thank you very much for your help.

Also I would like to thank Nick and other users who read about the problem and intended to help. I hope this thread will help someone in the near future.

Cheers...