Flow control parts

rrparker07

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I would like a recommendation on a good supplier of analog output flow meters and analog input valve positioners/positioner valve combo. The specs are as follows:
Max GPM range: 20-40 GPM
Pipe size: 3/4" - 1 1/2"
Pressure will be roughly 80 PSI
The valve can be butterfly or ball
The media is mostly water with paper dust mixed in. (This is for a scrubber application).

I have googled all this but I spend hours browsing this site and value the opinions here far more that an advertisment.

Thanks in advance,
Roy

PS: This will be my first PID loop and I'm pretty psyched about that!:D

With a slurry you may want to avoide DP primary elements like orifices and venturis because of the potential plugging. I suggest you look at mag meters (Endress and Hauser among many) and maybe ultrasonic types.

For the valves I suggest avoiding butterflies, again because of the obstruction in the flow stream leading to wear and plugging. A diamond port plug valve would be a good choice. Look to DeZurik among others.

Tom,

Have you dealt with Dezurik recently? We gave up on them about 4 years ago after their being bought out decimated the organization. Has Dezurik recovered?

Dan

Well, DeZurick still sucks, but our local rep is very good. The reason I mentioned them is they have an eccentric plug valve that was designed for slurries.

I've been using them on high pressure water (400psi and up) with no problems so far. Well, with the SS bodies. The cast bodies did get cut, but the SS bodies have been fine, and they work much better then the Leslie type control valves we were using.

I appreciate all of the input. Cash is king around here so I'm still waiting on a few quotes to come back.

You guys can definately steer someone in the right direction.

Thanks again,
Roy