CODESYS Control RTE: C0297: Stack overflow detected

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello:
I am experiencing the following error:
[ERROR] C0297: Stack overflow detected in DecodeOID. Maximal Stack Size: 64512. Calculated Stack Size: 68024. Call Hierarchie:
I cannot find a clear explanation on where to increase the stack for the Control RTE soft-PLC.
If you know where to tweak, will be grateful if you let me know.

I tried building the same program in Codesys for Windowos, and it is possible to build and load without the stack overflow problem.

2023-08-30_InCodesysForWindows_NoStackOVerflow.png

Is this when compiling or running?

If running, then check the logic to see whether a routine might be calling itself, either directly or indirectly.

Stack overflow is often the result of unconstrained recursion.

I am no codesys expert, but just reading through "The book of codesys" there are a bunch of provided POU's to do implicit checks on your program, might try using one or even all of these.

Quite a few available in there, and perhaps it'll help you figure it out.

Application>Add Object>POU for implicit checks

maybe it works, maybe not, worth a shot