CODESYS Control Win SysTray - x64 does not show up

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello.

I have a system in which I have only installed the CODESYS Control Win x64 package, without the development environment.

I have one issue which is that although CODESYS Control Win SysTray - x64 service is running and set to automatic start, the CODESYS icon does not show up in the task bar, thus making it impossible to start manually the PLC application.

Any ideas as to why the CODESYS icon is not shown in the task bar? Below is a more graphic explanation. Thanks for reading.

2021-11-22_CodesysTaskBar.png

So there are I guess three things.
[x] CODESYS Control Win V3 Service
[x] CODESYS Service Control Service
[ ] CODESYSControlWinSysTray.exe ( C:\Program Files\CODESYS 3.5.17.20\GatewayPLC\ )

For me, it shows in the Task-Manager > Autostart Tab as Active. I do not know why it wasn't added, but you could probably figure out someway to make the .exe run at startup.

Thanks so much AustralIan for this information. I restarted the PC this morning to check what you advise and now I can see the icon.