S7-1200 and Red Lion HMI, any issues?

Dr_Watson

I am considering using the S7-1200 for a small pressure vessel application, along with a Red Lion G306. The plan is to use the G306 for data logging, primarily temperature and pressure.

I was just interested in knowing if anyone has had experience integrating the two and how that experience went?

First post by the way, hopefully not the last, thanks in advance.

You have to use the S7 300 driver

You have to address as dbx.dbx and dont use smbolic addressing in your 1200 program

Also an issue with timers and counters if i remember correctly

I dont think Redlion have done a driver that works 100% yet

You have to use the S7 300 driver

You have to address as dbx.dbx and dont use smbolic addressing in your 1200 program

Also an issue with timers and counters if i remember correctly

I dont think Redlion have done a driver that works 100% yet

Thanks for the information, I may consider using the Siemens HMI then and see if I can't get away with Siemens web server for data logging.

As far as issues with timers and counters I will have to look into that, so thanks again for the heads up, if you can point me in a direction that might give me more info on those issues it would be greatly appreciated.

504bloke is correct in that you would use the S7300 driver and you need to turn off the symbolic addressing in the PLC. This will provide access to the DB registers in the PLC.

Thanks
Jeremy

With regards the timers and counters, you cant get the data from them with the redlion driver addressing a timer or counter direct as in an S7 300 for instance

All you have to do however is move the Timer data that you want into a register in the S7 1200 and access this from the Redlion G3

Now i would recommend you use a G3 for this personally and just suffer with the little bit of cumbersome programming

Redlion: When will the 1200 driver be out ? I'm sure (may be wrong) others are offering it (but without symbolic) with timer and counter access ?!?!

I have used the 1200 HMI's (only once) - They are SHOCKING in my humble opinion, ok to program as its in TIA but they are rubbish to use compared to a G3

With regards the timers and counters, you cant get the data from them with the redlion driver addressing a timer or counter direct as in an S7 300 for instance

All you have to do however is move the Timer data that you want into a register in the S7 1200 and access this from the Redlion G3

Now i would recommend you use a G3 for this personally and just suffer with the little bit of cumbersome programming

Redlion: When will the 1200 driver be out ? I'm sure (may be wrong) others are offering it (but without symbolic) with timer and counter access ?!?!

I have used the 1200 HMI's (only once) - They are SHOCKING in my humble opinion, ok to program as its in TIA but they are rubbish to use compared to a G3

Ah, thanks for the info, I am hoping to get a 1200, and a G3 from a local distributer on loan here in the next few weeks for testing.