Micrologix 1000 Analog, no outputs

egogg

Here's a tricky problem: I've just finished a program on a micrologix 1000 using a windows 2000 machine, and logix 500 at the house. When I got to work I tested it, and the digital outputs don't energize when a rung comes true. I can force the outputs to energize.

I had another ML1000 at the office, and when I transferred the program to it by uploading to an XP laptop and then back down to the other unit; same problem.

Both of these ML1000's worked fine in previous applications, and just to be sure I wasn't losing my mind, I downloaded one of the old programs, and its still energizes outputs just fine.

make sure that the ladder file that's giving you the problem is actually being scanned ... usually this takes a JSR instruction located in ladder file #2 ...

the computer's operating system should have nothing to do with the problem ...

if this doesn't solve your problem, then I recommend that you ZIP your program file (RSS) and post it here ... someone will be glad to take a look at it ...

welcome to the forum ...

Last edited:
make sure that the ladder file that's giving you the problem is actually being scanned ... usually this takes a JSR instruction located in ladder file #2 ...

the computer's operating system should have nothing to do with the problem ...

if this doesn't solve your problem, then I recommend that you ZIP your program file (RSS) and post it here ... someone will be glad to take a look at it ...

welcome to the forum ...

Could be multiple OTE with the same address, too. I've been guilty of that before...

I have seen that before in some Logix 5000 ladders, where the main program has a bunch of JSR's that go to each subroutine. Never in a 500 ladder though. The other (functional) program I loaded doesn't have it, for instance.

Would you put the JSR in LAD 2, then put the subroutine in LAD 6 or something?

Could be multiple OTE with the same address, too.

yes, it certainly could be ... can you "toggle the bit" on and off - rather than "forcing" the output? ... if you can just "toggle" it, then it's not a double-coil problem ...

like I said, if a "missing" JSR (VERY common) isn't the problem - just post the program ...