RecipePro questions

I am trying to write an app using recipe pro (and RSView 32). What I am attempting to do is give the user the ability to enter the recipe data into a series of tags, and then click a button to save it to a recipe name. The problem seems to arise from the fact that any "save" button has to be hard coded for the recipe name. SO, if I have 500 recipes, I need 500 save buttons. (The RecipeProUploadUnit and RecipeProDownloadUnit command MUST have a prestated unit). The same goes in reverse. So far, I must say, that recipe pro is a pretty pathetic program.

Am I wasting my time ever trying to beat this joke of a recipe program into shape? Would I be better off just using RSLogix and writting it in ladder?

Thanks

Matt

I've never been a fan of 'recipe pro', which originated with ICOM's WinView.

You can probably get better results with RSView's native recipe handling (which originated in ControlView) if the recipes are not large or complex.

Otherwise, bite the bullet and tackle the problem with RSView's VBA and perhaps a database.

I would advise against doing it all in the PLC. Too easy to run out of memory, too easy to lose recipes if you download a program, too difficult for operators to make backups.