Logic help Micrologix 1500

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Guys I have an issue with some of the logic in this program, and I’m hoping someone can help. There is seven loading position on each tray, operator can select how many items can be loaded on the tray ( option are 5, 6 ,or 7 individual pieces), (rung 6) photo eye switch detects when the item passes and trigger’s a TOD for 2 second in order to accommodate for the fall of the idem onto tray. Ones the timer is done a brake is released (rung 11). Tray travels to the next position brake engages to stop the tray and the cycle repeats.
The issue that I’m having is the cycle works fine until the tray gets to the last position. Brake engages, item passes thru the photo eye but the brake never releases. In rung 11 I should unlatch all the latch bits but this never happens.
I just can’t seem to overcome this issue.

Last edited:
When the 7th position is done what happens to the bits B3:1/12 through B3:2/2? I bet that all but the First turn off. I believe that the conditions for the first bit reoccur. The brake is released for only one scan and is immediately re-applied.

I bet that all but the First turn off
You are absolutly correct bernie. Why is this happening? To me all the Latched bits should clear once the condition in rung 9 are satisfied.

It's a little difficult with all the one-shots. You will have to in effect provide for a pseudo 8th position somehow to prevent the immediate restarting. They do all clear, for one scan. But then your logic for the first bit becomes true again and it all starts. I can't provide much other help without a better understanding (need picture or drawing) of the layout.

In between the full tray and empty tray there are seven photo eyes each for one position in order to set the brake solenoid and stop the tray