Ge series iii

REHJ

Is there anyone out there who knows how to put an [END] statment in a Series 3 programmer. We have an old one giving an error and we think it is the program itself so the short plan is to enter a small program by hand and see if it will run it... But we need an end statement??? DONT WE? The book we have never mentions it.
Thanks for any help.

The book doesn't mention it. There is no key on the programmer labled "END". What has convinced you that you need one? I'm pretty sure the END statement is built-in. The cursor keys on the programmer won't let you go past the end of program and any rungs you enter are automatically inserted ahead of it.

Perhaps a better strategy would be to figure out the meaning of the error code you're getting?

Steve the error we get is a E31. The book list this as a watch dog timer issue. I have in the past been able to clear this by just doing what the book says to try buy on a few occasions I have actually had no luck until reloading the program. This time I am having no luck with even that. I am not that familiar with the Series III PLC but so far any plc I have used or programmed has always needed an END statment and they are usually programmed in? It is usually a FUNCTION or statment. This thing may be different since it is not mentioned in the book? The only info I have on this is a GEK25376 series GE Manual. I have looked on the Web for some additional info but not got far with that either.
Thanks for your help.

You might already have this but maybe this link has additional manuals that will help.
Link:
http://www.*********.com/automation/ge-fanuc-manuals/series-three-ic630/GEK-25376

The watchdog timer error means that too much time has elapsed between I/O updates. It could be a problem with an I/O module or something in the CPU.
You could try removing one I/O module at a time until the problem goes away, then see if it returns when you re-install that module. Be sure to power down before removing or installing modules. They are not hot-swappable.