fANUC dd841 mIXED MODULE COUNTER ARGHHH!

WHALENON

I am trying to reset the accumulator on an A-quad-B HSC on s ic200dd841 mixed module, system is aGE Fanuc IC200_________(?E05?) Ethernet capable PLC (its at work, I am at home!)

GE tech tells me to put a hex code (0101) into address %aq33 (since my module starts at %aq25), but he seems to be quite frustrated (as am I). My counter accumulator doesn't go t zero,hence I can't home my machine if its powered down when its not homed....

Help!

In your other post I asked if you had read chapter 13 of the manual GFK-1504. Data commands are covered starting at page 13-23. The list of data commands starts at page 13-24. You need to load the accumulator with a value. That's the first command in the list, (hex 0n01) where "n" is the counter number. Since you're using a Type B counter, "n" in your case equals 2, not 1.

Your command code in %AQ33 should be Hex 0201. Be sure to put the value you want the accumulator reset to (presumably zero) in %AQ34/%AQ35 as a 32-bit value. For example, if zero, move zero to both %AQ34 and %AQ35.

I have the manual and have reviewed it.

We have tried all four counters, 0101, 0201, 0301, 0401.
The accumulator will not 'zero'. I am using an input from a limit switch to power a 'move integer' command to put this value in a variable name assigned to address %AQ33, and I put 0 in 34 and 35 at the same time.

When you use data commands and the module rejects what you're trying to do, it returns an error code in the first %AI register assigned to the module. Is there anything there? Remember that the data commands are only processed upon a change in value, presumably to the command word, but possibly also to the data value. At any rate I would write zero to all three words between successive tries. You could also try writing any number of bogus values to the module to see if you can generate a code in the %AI word. If that doesn't work, double check your addressing in hardware configuration to make sure you're writing to the correct %AQ address. Also, are you sure you're writing a hex value and not a decimal value to the %AQ address of the command code?

I am more familiar with using COMREQ commands with the 90-30 HSC module. With the VersaMax HSC they added the ability to use data commands, but the COMREQ commands are still avaialble.

I've tried writing HEX,(0101) and the decimal equivalent (257) etc for all four counter values. The HEX is put in the first word as 16#0101,16#0000,16#0000. I write '0' to the succeeding registers at the same time. I am not getting any error codes, but I will look at the first %AI register again. By the way, I appreciate the help. Certainly more prompt than GE! Though in all fairness they have helped me through the manual portions.

I am not seeing any faults, or any values in %AI14, which is the first word. Some basics here I guess.......I am reading the accumlator value at %AI21......this is the 8th %AI word? shouldn't it be in %AI19?(6th).

Homed %AI status screen

Attached is an image showing %AI33 (257) and %AI21 (32316) This is the status after the homing sequence on my machine.

As I understand everybody, when %AI33 =0101 hex (257) then my accumulator total %AI21 should go to zero, not remain at 32316?

I though that perhaps a visual would lend a clue to what is going on here.

IMG00045-20101215-1204.jpg

You said the module was addressed to %AQ25 for numeric outputs and %AI14 for numeric inputs.

Given that, %AI14 should contain the error code and %AI21 contains the accumulated count for the module's counter #2. That's consistent with your previous description of your setup, since Type B is counter #2. The value in %AI33 is outside the range of the MDD841. The module uses 13 %AI addresses, in your case, %AI14 - %AI26.

How about posting screen captures of the module's configuration data. If you would like, contact me via PM on this site and I'll send you an email address where you can send me a backup of your project. I don't have a VersaMax PLC or MDD841 here to run your application on, but I can check to see if anything looks amiss.

Or post a backup of your application so the hardware configuration can be verified. Do a "Save as" to a temp. name and remove the other targets first to shrink it a bit. Also what version of PME are you using, is it kept up to the latest patches? And yes, that could be an issue.

You said the module was addressed to %AQ25 for numeric outputs and %AI14 for numeric inputs.

Given that, %AI14 should contain the error code and %AI21 contains the accumulated count for the module's counter #2. That's consistent with your previous description of your setup, since Type B is counter #2. The value in %AI33 is outside the range of the MDD841. The module uses 13 %AI addresses, in your case, %AI14 - %AI26.

How about posting screen captures of the module's configuration data. If you would like, contact me via PM on this site and I'll send you an email address where you can send me a backup of your project. I don't have a VersaMax PLC or MDD841 here to run your application on, but I can check to see if anything looks amiss.
Thank you Mr. Bailey.

The GE support came up with my solution. It seems the word must see a change in order for it to zero the accumulator. Once I loaded 0 into the word in the 'non-homed' state, the accumulator went to zero when I loaded 0201 into the %AQ33 word at home.

This was in the literature, so I am going to make a note to READ!

They are going to correct the literature on PP 13-9 under 'counter type'.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve / ABS Inc.