gas distributions scada

phinix

hi u all

i looking for reference/tips/good practice ,as to
Implementing an rtu-hmi system for gas distribution ,
the system purpose is to gather flow meters temperatures and indications from points along the pipes , i will probably need communication redundancy of some type, in some places ex ,
i Guess that at the center there will be a redundant hmi, some form of data server and alarm system

Much appreciate any assistance

Have a look at ClearSCADA , they are good in that area. And tell 'em I sent ya (maybe I'll get a ClearSCADA coffee mug for Xmas). I don't work for them, I am an Integrator and have used Citect, iFix, Adroit and a few others. Regardless of which SCADA you choose I suggest you also have a close look at DNP3 as a comms protocol the data is timestamped at the RTU/Collection as opposed to getting all this data back at the PC and not knowing what happened first.

hi u all

i looking for reference/tips/good practice ,as to
Implementing an rtu-hmi system for gas distribution ,
the system purpose is to gather flow meters temperatures and indications from points along the pipes , i will probably need communication redundancy of some type, in some places ex ,
i Guess that at the center there will be a redundant hmi, some form of data server and alarm system

Much appreciate any assistance

what type of flow computers? some flow computers have proprietary protocols that some HMI's do not support. not only that, but if your customer requires the ability to do EFM acrhived data downloads, their driver may not support it. so while a typical modbus driver may work, that driver would more than likely not support efm downloads.

tell us what you got and what the customer is requiring and we can help more.

as i understand , i will need to accumulate pulses from the flow meter and send it as an amount each x time

These r some point that I am considering / need to know

1.names of hmi’s suitable this application
2.is gprs communication right for me
3.can I implement redundancy with gprs
4.is redundancy required by any standards

thanks