S7-400 PIW Subsitute Values for Beta LaserMike AS5010 P

erdemsvri

Hello

We have a S7-414 2DP CPU and we are trying to read diameter of a cable via Beta LaserMike AS5010 P Diameter Sensor. The sensor is alive on profibus, I can see this when I go online in Hardware Configuration. No problem with the bus. When I add the sensor to the profibus system it automatically configures PIW and PQW words (9 PIW, 5 PQW), there is no option to add or delete or select the data I want to read. And when I monitor PIWs which consist of 9 words. The last 7 of them are seen as subsitute values. What does a subsitute value means? How am I supposed to read data from the sensor. Hope there is someone out there who had done it before becuase the distributor of Beta LaserMike in Turkey dont know anything technical about profibus and S7 communication.

LD_MLD_Plus_Gauge_without_FFT2.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get the GSD file from ? - I don't see it on their web site.

Post the gsd on here in a zip file.

Where did you get the GSD file from ? - I don't see it on their web site.

Post the gsd on here in a zip file.

I used the file on the CD that is provided by Beta. The GSD file name is too long so Simatic gave an error for this so I renamed the GSD file.

After when we see that it is not working with this GSD file Beta sent an older version of the GSD file and also the same error occured with the old GSD file also.

I am posting both of the GSD files I tried. They resulted the same.

400-0024_1.9 is the new GSD - V1.9
sgdp332 is the old GSD

Thanks.

Which preset did you select?

We contacted Beta and tell them the serial number for our gauge but they couldnt tell the exact type gauge we have and tell me to try them all so I tried all of the diameter gauges shown in the gsd

for LD MLD Diameter Gauge : profibus OK but all values are subsitute value

for LD MLD Plus Gauge without FFT : profibus OK all values except first 2 PIWs are subsitute values.

for the other 2 LD MLD types(with FFT and helix mode) profibus is faulty.PLC cant find gauge on profibus.

Thank you.

The problem is solved now.

The problem was the diameter gauge AS5010 P has another extention module for sensing lumps and necks in the cable which makes us to use another option offerd by the GSD which is "FG/MFG Diameter and Fault Gauge" but the customer until today dont tell us that so when we enable this option profibus is not working.

On the other hand in this option when I choose unit data consistency then I can see the values directly from the PIW values but when data consistency is for total I cant see them they are shown as subsitute values os I used SFC14 and SFC15, the problem is solved now. Making consistency unit doesnt always allow us to see the values in the PIWs.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a cpu 1214C and i can´t communicate with AccuScan 5010 Beta LaserMike in profibus. ID of gauge is 14 (hex=E) and i installed GSD file. I use a DPNRM_DG block and when i try request obtain in status 8090 (invalid adress).

Can you help me?

Thanks