GE Series One Plus

Joe Loescher

Hi Guys

We have an old GE Series One Plus that we have decided to upgrade. What I need to know is what is the cheapest and easiest way to get the program out of one of these. The manual says there is a Data communications unit, a printer interface and a hand held programmer for this unit. Are any of these readily available?

Thanks Joe

The Series One is still available as the DL305 series from Automation Direct.

The Data Communications unit is used to provide a serial link between the PLC and a PC. You need to have prgramming software running on your PC.

The Hand-Held is the simplest way to view the program, but it can only show you one instruction at a time, and you have to transcribe the information by hand.

The printer interface Unit connects to a printer with a Centronics interface which dates back to the days of DOS.

Rather than purchase any new hardware, you could scout around to see if there is an integrator in your area with the ability to communicate with the Series One, and pay him to come in and produce a printout of the program. If you have a backup copy of the program on a floppy, anyone with Logicmaster One software can make a printout for you. If you're converting to a newer GE Fanuc PLC, your local GE Fanuc distributor may be willing to help.

The local VAR for Ontario is Franklin Empire in Toronto. They should be able to help you with this.

Franklin Empire Inc. / Control Mart
350 Carlingview Drive
Toronto, ON M9W 5G6
Canada

(416) 248-0176, or
1-800-263-4961 (in Canada)