WinCC Flexible Export Tag

ELake20

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got approximately 500 tags that I need to properly address.
Lots of repetitiveness on this project so I'm using faceplates + structures. I got the code and everything worked out for (1), now I need to address the rest and create some new tags to match my proven out 'set'.

I've done an export with the "\" folder delimiter, opened the file in excel 2007, added some additional tags, worked out my DB offsets in excel and generated my DB addresses. That part worked out no problem. Also made sure I did a paste special and selected 'values'.

However, when I attempt to import back into WinCC Flex I get an error

Tags.csv: An unknown error occured while processing: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any ideas? I wish I could just copy/paste directly into the tag location in WinCC Flex....Addressing this stuff by hand isn't really an option for me, I'm sure others have done this before

I followed this guide:

http://support.automation.siemens.c...objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

I figured it out, something quirky with Excel 2007 and unicode. I ended up making a copy of the tags folder and renaming so I don't mix them up.

Modify the renamed version of the file and save in excel.

Open modified version and base version in notepad, copy and paste changes from modified version to base version.

Save base version in notepad and import into WinCC

Kind of a wierd work around but it is working

I think you have to be certain to save as a simple CSV file, i.e. with no Excel codes or unicodes.
There are a number of ways to save as CSV, so there is the potential to chose the wrong one. Dont remember exactly which save option to use in Excel.
Kinda odd that something as simple as CSV can be messed up, but that is how it is.