Versaview Panel PC in RS Linx

The Plc Kid

Anyone know why AB versaview panel pc's do not show up in rs linx with the E/IP Driver? Running Linx 2.57.00.

I have vnc on the to manage them but i was just curious as to why they do not show in linx?

It depends on whether the VersaViews have RSLinx Classic and/or RSLinx Enterprise running an EtherNet/IP driver, and how their firewalls are configured.

PanelView Plus terminals, for example, will not show up if you delete the EtherNet/IP driver in RSLinx Enterprise.

If the Windows (or third party) firewall blocks incoming broadcast traffic, RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic won't respond to the "List Identity" service request from the browsing RSLinx Classic device.

Ken

Windows firewall is off on the units and there is a rs linx enterprise driver running as on of the versaview panels is my ft view se distributed server and the other 3 versaviews are ft view clients.

let me edit to simplify:

Your office computer running RSLinx Classic Gateway should see only the FTView SE Server, which is running RSLinx Enterprise.

The VersaView panel PCs running FTView SE Client probably don't have RSLinx Enterprise installed, and will therefore not show up in a browse.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree that you ought to see the FactoryTalk View SE Server in an RSLinx Classic "RSWho" browse, because RSLinx Enterprise responds to "List Identity" packets.

The Windows Server OS that is usually used for FTView SE Servers typically defaults to more restrictive incoming connection rules than Windows XP does. That might explain it.

I don't have any servers running here that I can look at. Which is why I have free time to poke around on PLCTalk.net !

Last edited: