slc500 5/1

renrav

Im using FT view Machine, I have slc 500 5/01 I cant see plc with FT. I can program and change program with rslinx classic from laptop. Im trying to simulate my program.

The SLC-5/01 controllers have only a Data Highway 485 (DH485) network port, so you must be using some kind of DH485 driver in RSLinx Classic.

What exact physical interface are you using between your PC and the SLC-5/01 controller ?

FactoryTalk View can use RSLinx Classic as an OPC Server, but it is more common for it to use its built-in data provider, called RSLinx Enterprise.

RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic don't share the same physical hardware, so you probably have a physical resource conflict, like a serial port conflict.

When I have to use serial interfaces to SLC-5/0x controllers along with FactoryTalk View, I usually use two: one for RSLinx Classic and one for RSLinx Enterprise.

Im using 1746 UIC adapter. I try to use the rslinx enterprise but just keeps brousing, wont find it. How would I use two?

You may want to dig a little deeper, but there are some subtle differences in the way that the 5/01, 02 respond to Dh485 messages as compared to the 5/03 and newer.

SURELY A/B handles this correctly with the new UIC (I don't yet have one)?

Ken would know (or have access to details) for sure if anyone does....he's the A/B comms guru, hands down...

If you have an OPC-capable version of RSLinx Classic (not Lite) you must create an OPC Topic that points to the controller first.

Then, in FactoryTalk View Studio, you right-click in the project and select "Add OPC Data Server". This will let you select the RSLinx Classic OPC servers as data sources instead of RSLinx Enterprise.

I do not recommend this method to an inexperienced user, because switching back to RSLinx Enterprise (so that your application will run on a PV+ terminal) can be tricky.