HELP!!!! I'll pay for some.

timbo4255

Here's the story. I have built a machine that I need to automate. I have bought a DL06, Directsoft,and a 10inch touchscreen. I have most of the components to do the job and I have done quite a bit of research to get the right stuff. I have a limited knowledge of ladder logic. I thought maybe I could work my way through a program with directsoft, and probably could, but it would take some time and be crude when I was done. I know that there are several of you pro's out there that would know how to do it right, and that is what I am looking for. Any ideas for me? I want to complete this project, but I admit I am going to need some help. If you are interested, let me know or search back for a thread called "rookie needs some help". What should a service like this cost?

Can you say what you need, may be able to get you going. I have DirectSoft32 so may be able to assist in some way. You can contact me via PM or my signature.

Let's see, you're waving the US Flag, yet your 'local time' is GMT... :unsure:

OK, I give up. Where are you located?... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

I am in colorado. I hate to try to milk you guys for info and fight my way through this.

Last edited:
I think that you could actually connect with somebody who would like to help you/make some money.

Try to add some info that will give people an idea of what the machine shall do.
- Photo(s) of said machine.
- Description of what the machine shall do (max 10 lines).
- Info on how the machine is currently wired up (electrically).

You can attach zipped files to your posts.

Later you can get into the details if someone bites.

Personally, I would be the wrong guy as I am on the other side of the pond, and I am not particularly proficient in Automation Direct.

good luck

The Directsoft32 software, DL06 and interface are very easy to set up and program. I use this setup on every system we make. Just get a user manual for each componet (free on www.automationdirect.com). There are lots of programming examples shown in the manuals for each component and how to set up comms for the operator interface. Start out with making a simple motor start-stop program and downloading to the DL06. You can simulate the inputs using the DATA view screen. Then keep adding more instructions to the program like timers and counters... then add some advanced instructions like LOAD BOXes and then try to set up the interface. Believe me, it won't take you long to learn the Directsoft program and how it handles it's memory, especially if you have a plc to play with.