CP1H RS232C Communication

Andreik

[FONT=&quot]Good day,

Situation:
I'll be having an application wherein I am needed to transmit and receive a certain data via RS232. The PLC which I will use is CP1H with RS232 Hostlink Port. The data I need to transmit:

<STX>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<CONVEYOR WIDTH=”XXX.XX” MSGID=”XXXXX”><ETX>

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][XXX.XX = conveyorwidth in mm (Floating Point)]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][XXXXX = MSGID counter that crows until 99999 restarts then by 00000 (Integer)]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Question:
1) How to program and transmit the data?
2) How to assign the values in Data Memory?

Thank you very much,
Andrei K.
[/FONT]

I would suggest you start by reviewing the programming manual.

Omron # W451 is the correct manual number.

You should be able to download it from your local Omron website,
or www.omron247.com.

You will need to register if you use omron247.com.

Hope this will help.