Can I Install 2x CP1430 in a Single S5 Rack

Hal9000

Current setup
My Current S5 system has 2x 928 CPU's and 1x CP1430 communication card in the rack. The CP card only allows me to connect to CPU1 via H1 ethernet. Therefore I can only poll CPU1 data via my iNAT H1 OPC server.

Requirement
I would also like to poll CPU2 data.

Question
My question... Can I simply install a second CP1430, give it a unique MAC address, TSAP etc. and point it to CPU2?

Answer to the question: Yes.
According to the manual, you can have (max) 2 CP cards in the rack.

But you can also access both CPUs via one single CP1430.
Here is a drawing with 4 CPUs and 2 CPs. I will see if I can find the English variant of the manual.

EDIT: Here it is: http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/12586144
Search for 'multiprocessor'.

Kalle

cpmehrpoz.gif

Last edited:
I know this is a really old thread. Im replying with hopes that you guys are still subscribed to the thread :)

Hal i would really appreciate if you could tell me how you got a poll job working on the cp1430.. im trying to do the same to work with the six ethernet driver on my pc..

any input is really appreciated..

Hi Normad,

Sorry for the late reply. I did get it working with the 2x CP1430, the inat driver just needed to see a separate MAC address.

Have you got the tools to configure the Cp1430? What H1 driver are you using? I used inat. Very reliable and easy to setup.

Unfortunately I've changed jobs and I don't have the original information on this project anymore.