FT Client Freezing after FT Linx reinstall

celso3093

Hello,

We have two stand alone FactoryTalk Site Edition clients running. Recently we've had a problem with FactoryTalk Linx on one of them. After a power failure, it wouldn't work. The solution we found was to uninstall all FactoryTalk softwares and then install it back again. At first, it seemed to be working just right, but soon we realized that FactoryTalk Client was kind of freezing sometimes. The buttons on the screens wouldn't perform any action when we click it. Looking at the Diagnostics Viewer every freezing time I get messages like:
  • Driver Ethernet re-established a session to "IP" (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
  • Drive Ethernet lost communications to "IP": connection reset by peer
The devices that own the IP's that are shown on those messages are not important to the operation (we use only PLC's in the Communication Setup). I get those messages only on one of the stations.
The FactoryTalk Linx drivers and devices listed on both stations are pretty much the same. I can't understand why it happens only in one station.
I tried deleting the problematic devices, but it seems to me that the Ethernet driver autobrowses the network and I can't find where to change that behavior.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me with this situation.

Thank you!

I tried to delete all shortcuts and create them again. Didn't work.
Then I tried to delete the RSLinx Enterprise server. No luck too.