FactoryTalk VM to Client Firewall Rules

noreferrer

Hello, I'm working on a laptop that needs FactoryTalk Activation Manager installed on it as a host along with a Hyper-V VM client on the same machine that needs to be able to access it. I don't know too much about computers, but I've managed to narrow my problem down to the Windows firewall. I plug the HASP in, it connects to the host activation manager, but does not appear when i refresh activations within the VM. I added incoming TCP connections for specific ports after narrowing it down and everything works until I restart. The VM vEthernet seems to change IP addresses and FactoryTalk chooses (negotiates?) another port. Then I have to narrow it down to what port it chose and add it to my firewall rule. Can anyone walk me through how to setup a correct firewall rule to allow for FactoryTalk to be able to read the HASP of the server? When I say I don't know much about computers...I mean it.