Factorytalk Client run with no values

PLCjunior2910

Hello All,

Please help me figure out this issue.
I run a client on operator pc it's well connected to the server there is no problem in communication or error messages.
When I simulate with emulator the program the SE application on server run and values are being modified but on the client nothing change and when it opens the data are presented with question marks.

I deactivated the firewall in both but nothing changed.

Can someone tell me where the problem is?
Thank you in advance

16831812102772274618116882356912.jpg

I have no experience wth FT but one suggestion is that because you are using an emulator the path for the simulated I/O server will be for the local server memory, however, because the simulator somehow mimicks what would probably be linx the client is trying to read from it's own memory i.e. it is not pointed to the server address space, I have no idea how the client gets it's data but it is just a possibility.

Hello and thanks for the reply,

It is actually pointed and in factorytalk linx I can see the connection between it and the server. I can also see the virtual backplane. I already tried with the factorytalk ME on HMI and it works using simulator but I can see where the problem in the SE. I am trying to see DCOM security settings and I don't know how

Hmmm.. DCOM is going away, I believe that MS was going to force some changes in DCOM on an update from March what OS are you using ?.
I'm afraid being out of the loop for a couple of years so not sure if any there are workarounds.

here is what I found about DCOM settings but not sure it will work after March.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...der 'Access Permissions' click 'Edit Default'.

Just tried to run Dcomcnfg on my pc, but it was not configured I did not go any further as I do not want to screw my pc as it is win11 & might cause problems if they have nobbled it in some way.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help.
I tried it but according to ROCKWELL technote I have to ensure that 'Default Authentication Level' is set to 'None' and not 'conected'.
Even using the rockwell technote for DCOM modification did not fix the problem

I recon it is something to do with the way the I/O server works in the connection to the simulator, I have never used RW simulator but in Mitsubishi even though you set your project on an HMI to what would be the real coms when the HMI in sim mode it wants to talk to the simulator so perhaps it may not be possible without mods to get the data on the client,