Siemens MP270B 10" Touch

Göran

Hello.
I have a problem with a MP270B, I cant communicate via IF2 RS232 port. I have made an OS update via the MPI port, but still having problems with the RS232 port. The program and cable are working perfectly with my other MP270B panel.

When trying to make a OS-update via the RS232 cable, after Booting the HMI i get an error message ("Time monitoring error on receiving data") The same error trying in both WinCC and ProTool.

Does any body have a clue if this could be due to an adjustment in the panel, or if the RS232 port might be broken?

Hej Göran.

Did the OS update finish completely ?
Does Win CE boot up ?
Does the runtime application startup ?

Not sure if the serial port has to be enabled in the control panel after an OS update.

What are you going to use the serial port for ?
If only for transferring programs, then why not use the integrated ethernet port in stead ?
If it is for an online connection to some kind of PLC, exactly what PLC type and protocol are you using ?

Hej Jesper.

Yes the OS update finished completely with no error, I made the OS-update via MPI since I did not get the RS232 working before either, unfortunately I was not able to make "Reset to factory settings" when updating via anything else then RS232 (with does not work on this panel)

Yes Win CE boots up perfectly, and runtime application start-up as it should.

The panel is connected to a S7-300 cpu, and currently just used for a small test application. But need to know if the IF2 port is broken or working for the future, and to be able to Reset the panel to factory setting, if there is not an other way to do this.

The "Reset to factory settings" actually does something else than what the text says.

If you need to completely clear the panel, you should make an OS Update.
edit: And I strongly recommend to do that via the ethernet port.

The "Reset to factory settings" is used for when the panel is unreachable, because it boots before you can put it in transfer mode.
The "Reset to factory settings" means that you start the OS Update before the panel is started up. Prosave will then listen for the panel to startup on the selecetd port, and quickly connect before the runtime application starts (or crashes, if that is the problem).

Why Siemens does not call this setting "auto connect at boot-up" or something like that, only Siemens knows.