Micrologix 1100 Series B, PV Plus 600.

jamieb159

After a long 3 days at work I eventually decided to bring the PLC and PV home and try to get it working at home. ( I had a variety of issues with regards to communications and setting up through FactoryTalk View) I have now got them both communicating great. I think it was down to a software issue and our I.T. department not giving the Maintenance departments computers full administrator access, meaning FactoryTalk would not work correctly. So, I now have a few questions with regards to programming. This is the first time I have made any real attempt at programming a PV. I have made a very basic program so far but I do have a few questions about "tags" etc..I am looking to make an Auto and Stop button, When 'Auto' is pressed it will change text to 'Running' I then want another button which says 'Stop', When this is pressed I would like it to say 'Stopped' (once the cycle has finished) then the button which had 'Running' on it should go back to 'Auto'I have looked for various tutorial on setting up tags and expressions. I just need to know how to write them lol.Any help is much appreciated.Jamie

What you want is a Multistate indicator in both cases.
You can change the background color, Text, even the graphic, based on the status of the tag.

Actually, for just two states, the regular pushbutton will work, but you will want a separate tag to control the display state. I avoid FTView on this machine so my terminology may be a little off, but the push button object should have a write tag and a display or indicator tag. If you omit the display tag, the write tag controls the state that is viewed, but if you put in an expression for the display, the tag in that expression can control the appearance of the button.