Unsued Output Flickering

seaston_65

I have a machine here running a MicroLogix 1400.
There is an "unused" Output (O:0/2) that I wanted to use for something but I've noticed that it seems to be used.
It looks like that O:0/2 is actually set up to Pulse whenever O:0/4 is ON.
If I cross reference O:0/2 it's not is use, and I've check the entire Output word and nothing in the ladder logic is telling it to pulse, but if I monitor O:0/2 online I can see it turning ON and OFF.

Is there somewhere that you can configure an output to do this or could some other kind of issue here?

Thanks
-Shawn

Check your function file configuration. Look to see if either a PTOX or a PWMX function file is using that output. PTOX and PWMX function files have three elements each. They can be configured to use outputs 2, 3, or 4. Look at all six elements and see if you see a value of 2 for the .OUT parameter under any of them. If you do see a 2 then output O:0/2 is being controlled by that function file.

Last edited:
Check your function file configuration. Look to see if either a PTOX or a PWMX function file is using that output. PTOX and PWMX function files have three elements each. They can be configured to use outputs 2, 3, or 4. Look at all six elements and see if you see a value of 2 for the .OUT parameter under any of them. If you do see a 2 then output O:0/2 is being controlled by that function file.

It's used under PTOX
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I knew that an output could be setup to do that, I just didn't know where to configure it.

Thanks for all the help guys.