s7 1200 datablock retaining values

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi!

I've just discovered a problem with my datablock.
I have some values that I wan't to be save even if the power break.
So I have a DWORD that monitor the number of starts. I have it retaining.
But after the power break the DWORD goes to 0 because this is the initial value of the DWORD. How should I be able to have this DWORD retain over power breaks when the PLC always set it to 0 at startup?

Ahhh, I had the memory on a counter value. This was of course reseted to 0 everytime an startup was made. My bad =)

Similar Topics

Dear, I am trying from a long time to read the DB from S7-1200 To kepserver without any success. Can you help me with a direct solution? I use...
Replies
Views
Those of you who have used the S7-1200 in anger will have a list of all the short commings such as online edits, lack of profi bus/net I/O and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about an encoder that has absolute measurement. Specifically, it's the Lika SMA5, which I would like to connect...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about an encoder that has absolute measurement. Specifically, it's the Lika SMA5, which I would like to connect...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently having trouble getting a speed reference to write over modbus to an Omron M1... I can successfully write a run command and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom