WinCC Flexible 2008 and S7-200 timer I/O help

updownload

Hello, I'm simply trying to allow the HMI operator to change a S7 timer value. I tagged the preset variable of the S7 timer as a VW. When I enter a number value through the I/O of the HMI (tagged to the same VW) I get large values on the S7 side - like 12040 when I entered only 40. I tried disabling the scaling property...no luck. It's almost as if the VW location is accumulating values. Is VW the correct memory location, should I try MW? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hello
you check data type of Tag in HMI side and match it with data type in PLC side?
may be you have to change data type from word to integer or something like this.
be luck

thanks, yeah, data types are both int (as this is the required field for the preset value) and addresses are the same. something's getting lost in translation - the timer value always becomes 256 times greater than what is inputted into the HMI. 256....

The S5T#____ value is in BCD.
If that is what you are using for your time value in S7?
So if you want to use an integer , you will have to convert it to BCD for the time value to make sense.
The time multiplier is in the most significant digit. too , so you might have to do some fiddling.

I'm not sure , this may be a hang up / residual memeory stuck in my brain from my S5 programming days.

I had the memory address wrong. I was using VW1 which apparently was referencing the larger byte of the memory word, hence the HMI input decimal number being multiplied by 256. VW100 references the byte and worked fine.