Wonderware NAD or Single Server?

Longhorn

I have an application where one single Intouch IO Server is communicating with an S7-416 PLC via DASSI-Direct Server over ethernet. There are two additional PC's on the same network which by means of VNC Viewer take control of the main Intouch PC when required - which in my opinion has two main disadvantages:-

1. Only one operator can control the plant at one time
2. There is no room for redundancy if the main server PC falls over.

I am proposing to install Intouch (V 8.0) on the other two PC's and configure the application as a NAD but am a bit concerned about increasing the traffic on the network, would it make that much difference. Im guessing there will be maybe 5000 tags max.

I would also propose using Simatic Net OPC Server in conjunction with OPC Link instead of DASSI server.

Your opinions would be appreciated.

LH

Wonderware

I wouldn't worry about the 5000 tags, not all screens are updated at the same time I guess, only the open windows.

DASSI-Direct is an I/O server from Wonderware. We also work with Wonderware Intouch and we only use the DASSI-Direct because Wonderware supports this. When having troubles in your communication, Wonderware will not support the Simatic Net side.
DASSI-Direct is the recommended driver for Intouch.

I have an application where one single Intouch IO Server is communicating with an S7-416 PLC via DASSI-Direct Server over ethernet. There are two additional PC's on the same network which by means of VNC Viewer take control of the main Intouch PC when required - which in my opinion has two main disadvantages:-

1. Only one operator can control the plant at one time
2. There is no room for redundancy if the main server PC falls over.

I am proposing to install Intouch (V 8.0) on the other two PC's and configure the application as a NAD but am a bit concerned about increasing the traffic on the network, would it make that much difference. Im guessing there will be maybe 5000 tags max.

I would also propose using Simatic Net OPC Server in conjunction with OPC Link instead of DASSI server.

Your opinions would be appreciated.

LH