pv 700 + FT me

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys. I have a question in regards to the below screen shot. Operator can choose from 4 destination point, he can any choose one destination.
On the below provided screen shot Destination TK 1 is selected, how can disable(destination TK1) when Destination TK2 is selected. The will be additional destinations TK3 and TK4.
Thanks for all the help.

I'm not sure what means you're using to select your destination tank, but instead of having it move a 1 into a bit, have it move a value into B3:0. Use a momentary push button. In the center of the General tab for the push button Properties dialog box, change from "Normally Open" to "Value" and use B3:0 as your tag.
B3:0 = 1 means TK1 (B3:0/0 is "1" all other B3:0 bits "0")
B3:0 = 2 means TK2 (B3:0/1 is "1" all other B3:0 bits "0")
B3:0 = 4 means TK3 (B3:0/2 is "1" all other B3:0 bits "0")
B3:0 = 8 means TK4 (B3:0/3 is "1" all other B3:0 bits "0")

Warning!! - this will overwrite any other bits you're using in B3:0, so make sure they're not being used elsewhere in the program.

I didn't provide a good detail of what I want to accomplish, so let me rephrase my question.

I’ll use an example. Per say that there is one water storage tank named TANK A with a pump. There are 4 other destination tanks named
DESTINATION TANK TK1 B3:0/0
DESTINATION TANK TK2 B3:0/1
DESTINATION TANK TK3 B3:0/2
DESTINATION TANK TK4 B3:0/3
The discharge manifold from the pump has four pneumatic valves which open in reference to their destination.
VALVE 1 DESTINATION TANK TK1 O:1/0
VALVE 2 DESTINATION TANK TK2 O:1/1
VALVE 3 DESTINATION TANK TK3 O:1/2
VALVE 4 DESTINATION TANK TK4 O:1/3

Operator can choose only one destination tank to transfer water to, from TANK A.
I want the destination to be chosen from the hmi by the operator, the only restriction is that only one destination can be chosen on the HMI.
So if operator chooses DESTINATION TANK TK1 the previous destination selection has to turn off.

If bit B3:0/0 is selected , then , reset all other B3:0/x bits at the same time bit B3:0/0 becomes active.
Set O:1/0, reset all other active outputs.
And so on.

adam, cbuysse has provided a good workable solution - using a value tag.

B3:0 = 1 means bit 0 only will be On
B3:0 = 2 means bit 1 only will be On
B3:0 = 4 means bit 2 only will be On
B3:0 = 8 means bit 3 only will be On

Check for other bits used in B3:0, or use another,unused, B3 word for your data input.