Connection problems.

Mrkz

Hello!

I got some problems with my CPM2A.. When I attempt to plug it into the computer with an RS-232 to USB cable, it just won't work.

I've made a program for it, in cx-programmer that I wish to transfer to the PLC. But for some reason I can't seem to 'find' the PLC..

The PLC is supplied with 24V, I'm also using COM2 as the port on both devices.

Thanks,
Markus.

Does it prompt you anything, like searching / trying with various COM port settings?
Btw, have you try the Auto-Online in the Cx-programmer?
Also, you should verify first what COM port number is allocated to your RS232-USB cable when you plugged it into your PC.

Thank you for your feedback stevenPLC!

No, currently I'm just getting the old:

"Failed to connect the PLC."
"Please check out the following:
blablabla"

I've checked that out, and everything of those things have the correct settings.

Auto-Online in Cx-programmer is not working either.

The COM port number that is allocated to my RS232-USB cable is COM7, but I do change it to COM2 - without any success of getting the connection between the computer and my PLC.

Last edited:
You may try one more thing.
In the CX-Programmer, click from the Menu bar: PLC - Change Model.
In the popup "Change PLC" dialog, change the "Network Type" to USB. Click OK.
Then try again the Auto-Online.

Got a pretty neat error in CX-Programmer.

Thank you very much stevenPLC.

With your help, I was able to get the PLC and the Computer to communicate.

Problem solved!

Thanks again,
Mrkz.

Last edited: