RSLogix 5000 Failed to save the project

Jerther

Hi!

I'm using RSLogix 5000 v13.03.00

I have a project to which I made changes and I needed to save. When I hit the save button, a dialog asks if I want to upload tags to which I answer no, then it says:
Failed to save the project.
File not found.​

In the bottom there's this code:
Error: 3716-80042017​

I tried to change the name of the project and save it under the following name: c:\deleteme\test but that didn't work. Answering yes to the upload tag question didn't help either. There's like 20 GB of free space on the disk, and I even confirmed that by successfully copying about 30 MB on the disk.

Can anyone help?

Answer 40940 on the Rockwell Knowledgebase

-Another software application or even virus has erased the temporary files it was using.
When an (.ACD) is opened, the uncompressed working data is placed into the users TEMP directory. (C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\RSLogix5000.Temp)

Thanks for the tip! I'll go check it out. I know there's an expired Norton AV on that machine, which will gladly take the road to deletion in a few minutes.........

@daba: there's a ControlNet card on the PLC and the module and its nodes are configured in the project.

@Gotcho:
Symantec's stuff is gone.
Speed is back.

So I looked in the temp folder, and there's no temp file for rslogix

Except that in this path:

c:\documents & settings\user\local settings\temp\ab_4cad\ab_5e14\

There are numerous files like comps.dat and comments.dat which are all locked by a process named RS5000.EXE and their modification time is right about now. That leads me to think the temp file part should be fine, right?