Automation Direct Modbus

wolverine1981

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a DTC 1000 temperature controller, I am able to read and write to the registers for reading temperature, writing the set point, P-I-D values and so on the starting address for 1000H (44097)... The problem I am having is turning on the auto tune function which is address 0813H (42068). I am using an automation direct DL205 base with a 260 processor.
I am using the MRX and MWX instructions. I am also using two counters to detect the poll and error of the network. When the rung containing the auto tune instruction is active (remove SP0 bit)the network begins to error. I am writing FF00 to the register but nothing. I have included a link to the web site if anyone can seee something I am missing.

Thank You in advance
Tom

thttp://www.delta.com.tw/product/em/...l_temp_control_product.asp?pid=3&cid=4&itid=3he

I'm concerned about this line:

6. Communication format: Command 01: read bit, 05: write bit, 03: read word, 06: write word.

Use the 'Force Single Coil' Command. Don't worry about the 'FF00' '0000' stuff. Set a 'C' bit and send it. The address would be just '2068'

Good Day All

Bernie your right, after several calls to the manufacturer and getting no where you solved my problem in one sentence. I was hung up on the FF00 and 402068. This one little piece of the puzzle held me up from finishing my project.

I cant thank you enough, I have read some of your post and other members here and at Automation Direct. (AND DO ROUTINE SEARCHES) And I hope to gain the skills to be of assistance to others as others have been to me.

Have A Great Day To Everyone
Tom

Glad to be of help.

I just went through my first Modbus TCP from an ECOM100 to a Yaskawa servo setup. But once I got it going it was great and FAST! Could have used some hand holding on that one. That's how we learn though.

Hmmm

Sounds interesting I have a Yaskawa servo setup and ECOM module at home. I maybe attempting that some time in the near future but for now modbus communications and steppers are what I am experimenting with for now.
icon7.gif

Have A Good Day
Tom